Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to me....!!!!

Completed a quarter of a century recently. Doesn't really generate too many emotions within me. As they say, "Age is just a number, unless you happen to be a bottle of wine". I totally agree :-)
Since this was my first birthday post marriage, hubby dear gifted me a week's vacation instead of buying me an obscenely expensive gift. I more than agreed with his idea. We both have a nomadic's heart.

The tour started with Hyderabad, the home to one of my best friends, S, from college. She came to pick us up from the airport which is a good 40 km away from the city. S played a perfect hostess and took us sight seeing the City of Pearls. Had a great time visitng the Golconda fort, Salarjung Museum, Snow World, Birla Mandir and some of the famous eateries. Had a whale of a time, enjoying the spoils of a new city with H and S. At S's home, her mom prepared some seriously lip smacking food and gifted me a saree too. AND, this was just the beginning of the trip. Love you S and aunty for taking care of us so wonderfully :-)
 
S and I :-))
Met another friend S and his lovely wife N. S and I share a love-hate relationship since our college days. But contrary to my belief, he hasn't mellowed down one bit. He gave me a good hearing recently, just like he used to. But ONLY this time, it was my mistake..!!! Our relationship can be best summed as Krackjack biscuits - sweet and salty. Thank you S and N for your time as well as company. It was totally a pleasure meeting you guys.
S, N, H and I  :-))
From Hyd, we reached Bangalore after an overnight journey by train. Since both H and I have stayed in Bangalore in our bachelor days, we have loads of friends here. Decided to stay at one of my friend's R's place. He and his lovely wife also took care of us very well. We left for our next destination on the same day. Travelled to Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu) by an overnight bus. Its a beautiful hill station situated at the top of a hill. We had left a sweltering Delhi and reached Kodaikanal where we were scampering for our sweaters. Heaven!!! Its a scenic place with beautiful waterfalls, never ending hills, and basically to-die-for weather. Its also famous for home made chocolates and natural oils. Spent the day sight seeing, and gorged on some good South Indian food. 

H and I in Kodai's pine forests
 
Kodai - clouds rising from below :-))
After resting the night at Kodai, we left for Munnar the next morning. Its another beautiful hill station situated at a height of 6000ft. above sea level. The journey itself is more beautful than the place. For me it was a little scary too as I am afraid of heights. The roads were broad enough for one vehicle for to pass and it was a two way road!!! Blind turns lurked at every corner adding misery to my already tortured soul. The saving grace was the beautiful view outside. The sprawling Western Ghats, miles and miles of lush green cotton plantation, huge waterfalls and clouds which were below us. You think you can take more than that??!!! Munnar was more beautiful than I had heard. Went sight seeing in Munnar for 2 days. Also visited a 20 year old Ayurveda centre famous for the special Kerala Ayurvedic massage. H and I treated ourselves to 1 hour of professional massaging hands with warm, scented therapeutic oils. It was like gooey chocolate melting in the mouth. Stayed a night in munnar too, enjoying the cold weather with blankets and hot ginger tea. Munnar is famous for natural spices, different varities of tea, coffee, chocolates and natural oils.

The picturesque Munnar
 Retured from Munnar on the morning of my birthday and reached R's place in Bangalore. Roamed around the whole day visiting our old joints and hang outs, reminiscing about the old days. In the evening, there was a surprise birthday party waiting for me at R's place. All my friends were there. It was pure unadulterated fun. Cake on the face, pulling each others' legs (literally too!!!) and basically having a ball.
Me with my girl gang on Birthday evening..!!!!
Thanks guys for being such great friends and making my day special.
The last two days in Bangalore saw us visiting all our old friends. I am a big sucker for old memories. And the last two days were just that. Visited my friends as well as H's friends, and remembered, and raised a toast to all the wonderful times that we had in the past and for the future as well.
In all it was a perfect vacation.
But we had got so worked up going from one place to another without taking a break basically left us wanting to take another vacation to dispel the fatigue of this one. Only if we could. But we are back at our respective offices and slogging our asses off.

PS: For the uninitiated readers, I have a twin sister M. The only sad part about the vacation was that I couldn't be with her to celebrate OUR day. Wish you a very Happy  Birthday M. Hope God takes care of you like he always has, makes all your dreams come true and hope you find your Prince Charming soon. ;-))

7 comments:

  1. Woowww!! That was a wonderful b'day events!!! a week's off and touring all awesome places ugh!!!! Read the story above....was interesting yeah enjoyed it as well!!! Hope u had a great b'day!!!! Nice pics by the way...Good that u blogged & added pics too!! Thanks for sharing!!! It was a good read

    ....and yeah Many more happy returns of the day 2 u and 2 M as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liar.....It was some other S who took you from Salarjung to Birla Mandir......thats height of ignorance....Bad girl....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kally: thnxx a lot buddy...i ll pass on the wishes to M as well... :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shekhar: awwiiee.....my bad...!!! public apology...

    ReplyDelete
  5. veryyyyyy niceeee.....:)
    wat do i say nw...
    reading ur blog makes me fall short of words...:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thnxx alot behen....:-))
    falling short of words??? try writing prose... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe...thanks Kally for the wishes...:):)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)