Friday, April 18, 2014

Q quotes Queer!

Queer means strange. Something that is different from the usual. It is also used as an umbrella term to denote the LGBT community. In layman terms, the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. I would find this reference to queer by someone as naive as a child ok. But when grown ups find homosexuals or gays strange, I can only nod my head in disappointment.

If one man/woman loves another, what is so strange about it? I mean, how can anything that has love in the middle be strange? I know, it is not normal. Because love is a feeling that out pars the normal. It takes a lot of strength and courage to actually love someone other than yourself. And when that someone is of your own gender, you have the added responsibility and baggage of proving your worth to the society and family. It takes lots of guts to come out the closet, and out in the open and accept it as a part of your identity in a society as judgmental as ours. And we find that queer?

You know what I find queer? When a girl is openly molested on the road and the passers by become a mute audience. When they take out cell phones to make videos. When a girl is gang raped and brutalized to an extent that is difficult to fathom. When kids as young as months old are sodomized and sexually assaulted.  To hell with that "straight" sexuality that makes you an animal.

I find all you perverts queer who rape a women and children everyday in your mind and with your hands and with your body and with your mentality.


8 comments:

  1. Oh this gave me chills. I never knew the dictionary meaning of the word..just how it is used. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *stands up and claps* well said! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big round of applause to u for this post Ghata :) and a hug too
    can say nothing more than this....... THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!! Such strong points. Also, in this world where one person hates another, isn't it good when a person loves another, be it the same or a different gender? Well said Ghata!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly said. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)