Friday, May 15, 2015

Memories Of Motherhood!

Motherhood is something that defines your entire life after you become one. It is one of those journeys where there's no turning back. Once a mother, always a mother! There are happy times, there are hard times and sometimes, really trying times. I think at some point, every mother has wished to leave behind the entire world for the child, and sometimes vice versa :-D It often reminds me of Enrique Iglesias' song "You can run, you can hide, but you can't escape my love". This love which is illogical,  heart wrenching and totally unparalleled.

I am a quite a "new" mother as my darling daughter is only 17 months old yet. And so, almost all of her memories of her first year are still fresh in my mind. So when I read about the #MemoriesOfMotherhood activity, I knew I wanted to write about it. May be I'll forget small little things which I do remember now.

Like how during my pregnancy, we kept speculating about the sex of the baby the entire time. And then, the day she was finally born after a grueling 16 hour labor, I just couldn't wait to see her. I asked the doctor so many times about the baby and when would I be able to see him/her. She got really upset as she was busy stitching me up and the nurse was busy sponging the baby. But my perseverance won. She asked the nurse to show me the baby to shut me up. I don't think I have ever before been so carefree (read shameless) about my conduct or manners. But that day was just something else. I can somehow still imagine myself in that tiny labor room, stretched out on the cold delivery table. 

And then, there was this time when she would give me a real tough time while nursing her. One day I looked at her, squarely in the eye and just held contact. I still remember her puny little face with round big eyes. May be she was startled. Or amused, I don't know. But the trick worked. We would both stare at each other and nursing became a breeze on such days. I can never forget that face. I could never it click too, though!

Also, I think she can be awarded the title of "The coolest baby ever", if ever there was one. We went on a Euro trip when she was 9 months old. And this smart little baby had so much fun. There was not a day when she cried or behaved cranky. She was ever jovial, always smiling and always saying Hi and Bye to people in the metro. We received so many compliments on having such a happy go lucky and beautiful daughter. I still feel so proud about those compliments. Feels childish, right? But that's what children make you do - childish things :)

Thank you BioOil and BlogAdda for making me write this. One day when I would have forgotten, it would be such a treat to come back to this haven :)

I am sharing my #MemoriesOfMotherhood with Bio Oil and BlogAdda. This Mother’s Day check out the Yummy Mummy calendar and  make a similar calendar of your own using the Bio Oil App.

4 comments:

I love to hear back from you :)