Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Transitioning to the Big 30!

I have been away from this space for too long now. I don’t even want to count the number of months because it depresses me. In reality, I had almost given up on the blog. It started with the usual reasons of not having enough time to write, but later I just couldn’t bring myself to write here again. As if the blog would berate me. But no, it’s just giving me the silent treatment! ;-)

I am a few days away from hitting the dreaded 30s. So I thought it would be a great thing to come back and rant about the exciting 20s, the underdog and which no-one-talks-about Quarter Life Crisis and the dreaded but inevitable 30s.

I always thought that 20s were overhyped. And everyone just kept going about, “…..but I am still in my 20s”. So? But now that I am on the brink of saying goodbye to the 20s, I think they deserve all the hype. In our entire life, this is the only decade which sees (most of us) transitioning from college to adulthood to relationships to marriage and children. That’s a lot of work for a decade. I wonder why no one talks about the Quarter Life Crisis. Its for real and I definitely seem to be growing through it. Its that phase when you have still not come to terms with the fact that from now on, and for forever, my life is going to be dictated by corporate culture and my child(ren). Because I have loans and school fees to pay. I have still to come to terms with the fact that health scares are for real. That sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day in an air conditioned office, and not drinking enough water can actually hurt your body. I have recently had my gall bladder removed due to stone formation. The prospect of cancer looms large after every pizza/coke meal, because c’mon, you are going to be 30. Your body’s deteriorating. The things that I took for granted in the 20s, well , seem to be coming back with a vengeance.

But in a certain way, I am actually looking forward to the 30s. Been married for 5 years and I still like my husband. So I guess I'm in good company for the years to come. We are also past that stage when we fought over silly things. Now we just shout at each other and then make up. No melodrama,no tears. As real as it can get. Post my surgery, we have also started taking our health a little bit more seriously. So the coming decade should be better. We have a loan, but we also have a house we can call our own. The little one makes our life a lot less spontaneous than it used to be, but the love she gives is the most wonderful feeling to have.

20s was good while it lasted.

30s, looking forward to a lot more excitement, less health scares and being positive enough to enjoy this transition. And until then, I would say "coz I am still in my 20s.." :-)


6 comments:

  1. I'm not saying this because I'm still in my 20s but age is TRULY just a number and body and skin deterioration is something we allow to happen.

    Cases in point: I am best friends with someone who is 34 (almost a decade older than I) and he is SO. MUCH. FUN. And my grandmother is pushing 75 and she still has the skin of a 40 year old.

    Plus, dude, stability :) 30s are going to be our most stable years, I think, no? The kind that you can't even dream of in your 20s and struggling to figure out everything from our finances to our love lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for providing such nice information to us. It provides such amazing information on care/as well Health/. The post is really helpful and very much thanks to you. The information can be really helpful on health, care as well as on examhelp/ tips. The post is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)